I spent the day today immersed in a self-growth workshop designed by Eliza of Eliza Jane Wellness. I love doing personal development work, and today I got to spend time re-affirming what my values are. Health and nurturing are two of my most important values (along with adventure, connection, and family). The fact that my purpose and my values align so perfectly with what I get to create for you all makes me feel truly grateful on a daily basis. I’m continually humbled by the community of people who have chosen to trust my knowledge and choose my food to feed your body and soul.
I dove into ‘research’ (i.e. reading cookbooks in the sun) pretty seriously last week, and am having a REALLLY hard time deciding what to make. I’ve been reading Power Plates: 100 Nutritionally Balanced, One Dish, Vegan Meals by Gena Hamshaw of The Full Helping. You may remember this site from such popular meals as sweet potato nacho bowls.
I literally want to make EVERYTHING in this book. Every meal is balanced with lots of veggies, healthy fats, vegan protein, and whole grains. It is my new bible. Full disclosures: I will probably spend the next 2 months making every meal in this cookbook. If the ‘nachos’, and this week’s masala carrot and lentil salad are any indication I think we’re all in for a real treat. So without any further delay this weeks meal are:
- Vietnamese rice noodle salad with seared tempeh. This one will be perfect for warm summer evenings. Best eaten cold.
- Green goddess bowls with quinoa or cauliflower pilaf, chickpeas, broccoli, spinach, avocado and tahini green goddess dressing
- Provençal bowls with lentil salad and herbey cashew cheese.
- Golden rice bowls with tofu paneer and lots of spring vegetables.
- White bean soup with leeks and roasted cauliflower. Topped with cheesy hemp seed parmesan.
After next week I will be taking a two week break to take some time for myself (Las Vegas!) and some time with my family (Saratoga), and will be back cooking for the week of May 28. If you are interested in getting a large batch of something freezable to tide you over during the upcoming weeks message me and we’ll see what we can do!
Thanks again for all your love and support!
Eat Wild My Child.