After spending almost 2 weeks with my boys in Mexico I realized just how much I love cooking for you guys. It really does give me purpose. I love hearing how much you enjoyed the food, or even when you didn’t. I also realized that flying with 1.5 year old is THE WORST, and I really thrive on having a healthy routine.
As a result of this trip I’ve been inspired to make lots of detoxifying, energizing and insulin-stabilizing meals. It turns out I occasionally DO need a break from tacos. But not avocados. Never. Avocados.
I’ve also heard your requests for nutritional information and have posted links to my fitness pal. FYI: I have adjusted the recipes from their original links to make them more suitable (i.e. remove chicken, remove/adjust sweetness etc) to the nutritional goals I’m trying to achieve.
Also, try to eat the meals in the posted order for maximum freshness
- Vegan kale Caesar salad with roasted chic peas – pull the dressing out of the fridge about an hour before you want to eat this so it can come up to room temperature. This will make it easier to mix in.
- Deep detox salad– This just sounded amazing to me and it has been on my Pinterest radar for ever.
- Veggie packed pad-thai with brown rice noodles – This would be ideal sautéed for a few minutes, but if you don’t have the time, just toss it in the microwave, or even eat cold.
- Southwest bowl with sweet potato, corn, black beans, avocado and rice – I don’t add a lot of spice to my meals to accommodate various tastes, so feel free to throw some hot sauce or chili flakes on this one if you are a big fan of spice (as I am)
- Roasted kabocha squash, lentil, & coconut soup – I made this one up for myself today, and let me tell you – not only was it exactly what I wanted to eat on this freezing February day, my kids loved it too. I topped it with homemade sauerkraut, pepitas, sriracha and cashew cream.